Title: Flight Nurse – Per Diem
Location: Schenectady, NY (must be within an 1 hour)
Shift: 6 days of availability per month. One weekend required.
Flight Nurse Duties:
- Provides pre-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the receiving medical facility.
- Maintain thorough electronic charting of patient care.
- Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefing and completes necessary documentation.
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment prior to takeoff.
- Must be familiar with scope of practice of the transport team and the State rules and regulations in which the transport team operates.
- Minimum of 3 years of ICU/ED/Trauma experience within the last 5 years.
- Previous flight experience preferred. Flight experience can be substituted year for year for the ICU/ED/Trauma requirement.
- RN license as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) certification preferred but not required.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) or Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) strongly recommended.
- Completing quarterly requirements to maintain active flight status to include: completion of intubations quarterly, attendance at Roundtables.
- Completing annual requirements to maintain active flight status to include: Advanced Airway course, Mock Codes, AvStar program, safety and infection control, aircraft / personnel security briefing, equipment and supplies competency / currency validation, medical screening update including copy of TB or equivalent, ICU and trauma competencies, wellness form, EMS Rules and Regulations, and Haz-mat recognition and response. Evaluation is contingent upon completion of these items prior to evaluation.
- Current Passport required
- Drug screening and a background investigation required.
- Work in a high stress environment while remaining calm composure
- Lift 50+ lbs.
- Work various shifts and schedules