REVA maintains appropriate technical, physical and administrative safeguards to ensure long-term security for your protected health information (PHI).
As a HIPAA-compliant air ambulance company, REVA provides efficient, safe and compassionate air ambulance transportation overseas or nationwide to all our patients.
What Is HIPAA Compliance?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, also called HIPAA, is an aggregation of regulations that outline PHI’s disclosure and lawful use.
PHI is any demographic information that can be used to identify a client or patient of a HIPAA-covered entity. PHI includes full facial photos, names, addresses, financial information, medical records, Social Security numbers and phone numbers. Electronically protected health information, or ePHI, is PHI accessed, stored or transmitted electronically. This information also falls under HIPAA regulatory standards.
HIPAA compliance is enforced by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The OCR maintains medical HIPAA compliance by investigating common HIPAA violations.
Health care organizations must implement HIPAA through a series of interlocking regulatory rules to protect health information integrity, security and privacy.
Areas of HIPAA That Are Important to Patients
Four essential aspects of HIPAA directly concern patients. These include:
- Patient rights over their health care data: Patients have many rights over their health care data as granted by the HIPAA Privacy rule, one of which is the right to obtain a copy of their health records from health care organizations. For this, they can only be charged an appropriate fee.
- Security of health data: Business associates and HIPAA-covered entities must implement safeguards to ensure PHI is protected at all times.
- Privacy of health care data: Only authorized individuals are permitted to access patients’ health care data. Allowable uses are for health care operations, payment for health care services and the provision of treatment.
- Notifications of health care data breaches: Business associates and covered entities must notify patients whose PHI is compromised within 60 days of discovering the breach.
How Does HIPAA Compliance Apply to Air Ambulance Companies?
HIPAA applies to air medical transport professionals and anyone who works in the medical or associated fields. Every air ambulance company must have physical, technical and administrative safeguards in place to ensure compliance. Air ambulance companies must also provide patients with documentation of those safeguards.
To ensure they have appropriate safeguards in place, air ambulance companies:
- Create and enforce sanctions for employees who violate HIPAA standards.
- Ensure proper implementation of privacy policies.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Develop protocols for potential data breaches.
- Adopt digital communication policies.
- Enter into valid agreements with business associates.
- Provide employee training and notices of privacy practices to patients.
Request a Free Ambulance Quote Today
Looking for an air ambulance company you can trust with your PHI? Turn to REVA. We are a team of experts who will treat every patient with the utmost care and courtesy.
Call us at 305-539-0825 or reach out to us online today to request a free ambulance or medical escort quote.