Flight Nurse – Per Diem – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Responsibilities of the Flight Nurse include evaluation, coordination, and delivery of medical care provided to patients during all phases of transport. Must be familiar with scope of practice of the transport team and the State rules and regulations in which the transport team operates. The flight nurse is responsible for completing the quarterly and annual requirements to maintain active flight status to include: completion of intubations quarterly, attendance at Roundtables, and annual: Advanced Airway course, Mock Codes, AvStar program, safety and infection control, aircraft / personnel security briefing, equipment and supplies competency / currency validation, medical screening update including copy of TB or equivalent, ICU and trauma competencies, wellness form, EMS Rules and Regulations, and Haz-mat recognition and response. Evaluation is contingent upon completion of these items prior to evaluation.
- Minimum of 3 years of ICU/ED/Trauma experience within the last 5 years.
- Previous flight experience preferred. Flight experience can be substituted year for year for the ICU/ED/Trauma requirement.
- RN license as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) certification preferred but not required.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) or Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) strongly recommended.
- Current Passport required
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover fixed wing air ambulance call shifts
- Drug screening and a background investigation required.
- Work in a high stress environment while remaining calm composure
- Lift 50+ lbs.
- Work various shifts and schedules