MEDICAL REPATRIATION FLIGHTS
When you’re abroad, accidents can happen. The unpleasant reality of a severe injury or illness may be concerning enough to require at-home medical care. In these cases, patients may request medical repatriation. Medical repatriation is defined as a form of emergency medical transport that brings patients to their home country for care.
Fly Home. FEEL Better
Contact REVA and request a medical repatriation.
REVA confirms medical necessity and condition of the patient. REVA will coordinate all aspects of the transport.
Patient arrives safely to their final destination.
Medical Repatriation Services
Having a serious medical emergency can be frightening, especially if you’re abroad. Patients may not feel comfortable receiving medical care in a country with different insurance guidelines or language barriers. With medical repatriation, patients can safely and quickly travel home to get the medical attention they need. Whether you need a one-time service or an insurance plan that includes medical repatriation, REVA has you covered.
Medical repatriation may be a necessary process for ill or injured travelers. Some people confuse the meaning of repatriation with medical evacuation. While the processes are similar, medical repatriation is a journey to the patient’s home country. Evacuation transports patients to the nearest healthcare facility.
We can handle various medical repatriation needs for your requirements. With repatriation services, our expert team will cover all the details necessary to transport someone home after receiving urgent care. They may have experienced a sustained injury and require extended treatment after being at an initial treatment facility. If they need long-term care and are no longer in critical condition, they can use repatriation services to get home for further assistance.
Repatriation can also occur when a deceased person's body requires transportation back to their home country. This service may include taking the body from the hospital and embalming it or placing it in a coffin for secure transportation home.
Medical Repatriation Insurance Coverage
If an insured person suffers a medical emergency and needs transportation back to their home country, medical air repatriation insurance covers benefits payable to the maximum policy limit. This insurance is distinct from medical coverage and specifically covers expenses for medically required travel.
Repatriation procedures and requirements will differ based on the patient's condition. In a less severe case, a patient may transfer from a medical flight to a commercial flight, while in critical conditions, they may require fully equipped repatriation flights all the way back to their home country.
Services covered can include:
- Travel arrangements and assistance.
- Ground transportation coordination at departure and arrival points.
- Identification of medical escort requirements and appropriate air transportation.
- Immigration clearances for patients.
- Admission coordination at a medical facility.
- Flying dependents back home.
- Travel for family or friends to the medical care facility.
Our medical professionals collectively have accumulated thousands of hours of experience in air-ambulance transport, critical care and emergency room response.
REVA’s medical team is staffed by highly qualified specialists in emergency care, including flight doctors, registered nurses, critical-care paramedics and registered respiratory therapists.
Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Care Unit and Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Emergency Department Basic and Pediatric Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation, Prehospital Trauma Life Support
“It is the sacred responsibility of every REVA medical professional to provide the finest care to our clients.”
DAVID A. FARCY
David A, Farcy is one of the preeminent physicians in the highly specialized field of emergency care and critical-care medicine. Dr. Farcy, who joined REVA as its medical director in 2015, is the senior editor of Critical Care Emergency Medicine, which means he has literally written the book on emergency-care.
HIGHER STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE
REVA’s medical staff has the knowledge and expertise to provide excellent care to every client.
BEST OF THE BEST
REVA Medical Director Dr. David A. Farcy is a distinguished physician has been recognized internationally for his contributions to the field.
ONGOING AND INTENSIVE TRAINING
REVA requires its medical staff to take part in regularly scheduled training. REVA requires training and education that is ongoing on a daily basis and intensive in its approach.
What to Expect from REVA
When you choose REVA, we'll work with you to deliver trusted solutions for your medical repatriation needs. You'll need to follow a simple process:
- Call: When facing a medical crisis, the case manager, caregiver or patient can contact us to request repatriation services.
- Confirm: We will confirm the situation and handle the logistics, from ground transportation to travel documentation and flight and medical crews.
- Complete: With the best-trained medical team in the industry, we're here to get clients bedside-to-bedside as safely and quickly as possible.
Throughout the trip, we coordinate these details to ensure safe transportation and peace of mind for our patients, caregivers and families. Our expert team will handle any requirements throughout the process to make transportation as secure and seamless as possible.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Ground transportation: We can fully coordinate ground travel to take patients to the plane and get them safely to their destination while keeping them as comfortable as possible.
- Insurance coverage: REVA will handle insurance coverage requirements, identify the patient's financial options and handle document preparation. We'll take care of the reimbursement process for our patients to ensure it's a seamless process.
- Medical team coordination: When a patient needs assistance, we'll coordinate the appropriate medical team throughout the journey to provide optimal care from start to finish.
Our Trusted Track Record
We bring a wide range of awards and accreditations, demonstrating our ability to safely meet our clients' needs. We're pleased to offer these premier accreditations to give you peace of mind and trusted health care services whenever you need them:
- The International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations
- DOD Air Transportation Program
- ARGUS International
- Travel Health Insurance Association of Canada
- European Aero-Medical Institute
- International Assistance Group
- ITIF Air Ambulance Provider of the Year
- National Business Aviation Association
- US Travel Insurance Association
- Case Management Society of America
- National Accreditation Alliance Medical Transport Applications
- American Case Management Association
Whatever your medical repatriation services needs, we're a company you can rely on to get you safely to the right facility. Get a quote today or reach out to us for more information.
DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL OPERATIONS
Steve Williams is an on old hand, with more than 30 years’ experience in emergency medicine. In other words, he’s seen it before, he’s done it before. He also currently holds the position of Team Commander of the FIU FAST Team, which is a disaster recovery team, and Deputy Team Commander for the federal government’s Trauma & Critical Care Team South.
Top Industry Trained Flight Nurses
All medical professionals are required to attend ongoing training. REVA’s training is intensive and focused. Education never stops. The two form the foundation of a program of excellence that exceeds industry requirements. When a civilian air ambulance company can effortlessly take part in training with the Air National Guard and prove its mettle in a medical evacuation exercise, that effort deserves to be noted. REVA accomplished that when it exceled in Empire Strike at Schenectady County Airport, REVA’s northeast base. It was the first time a commercial air-ambulance company had been involved in such an effort.