Mexico is a popular tourist attraction for people all over the world. It’s also a great destination for business, with much buying, selling, shipping and trading taking place between Mexico and the United States. It has sprawling rural areas, great cities, unique cuisine and a strong cultural heritage.
Whatever brings you to Mexico, it’s important to remember that unexpected medical events can occur. You may experience an injury or an illness that could require a visit to one of the international or American hospitals in Mexico to get the help you need.
Reasons to Visit International Hospitals in Mexico
While in Mexico, you could experience several different health situations that would merit a trip to a hospital. Many of the same risks you experience at home will be present in Mexico, along with the risks of being in a new, unfamiliar place. You might also partake in more risky activities on vacation, such as zip-lining or surfing.
You’ll be away from your home doctor while in Mexico, so it’s important to prepare for any eventuality before and during your trip.
Properly responding to a health situation while abroad starts with knowing what you might face. Here is a list of possible illnesses and injuries you could experience while in Mexico:
- Motor accidents: Accidents on the road are common wherever you are in the world, but you could be at a higher risk when driving in a new environment. Different countries have different driving patterns, terrain and driver behaviors, which can be hard to get used to. This can increase your chance of an accident leading to injuries.
- Falls: Falling is another common cause of serious injuries. Falls can lead to broken bones, concussions and blood loss. In these situations, proper medical care is crucial for one’s recovery and well-being.
- Unexpected illnesses: You could become sick at the most random and inopportune moments, including when you’re on vacation or a business trip in Mexico. Whether you catch an infectious disease, experience food poisoning or suffer from some other illness, the most severe symptoms may have you needing professional medical attention.
- Severe health situations: If you have a chronic medical condition that requires special medication or treatment, then you should prepare to get the help you need while in Mexico. Remember that your symptoms could flare up unexpectedly. It’s good to know about nearby international hospitals in Mexico in case you need one.
- Injuries in remote locations: If you’re visiting Mexico to enjoy rural locations, then you should know that you could be many miles from the nearest hospital. If you experience an injury in a remote location, you may need air medical transportation to get the help you need.
List of the Best Hospitals in Mexico for Travelers
Whatever illness or injury you face or are facing, you have access to many international medical institutions in Mexico that can provide high-quality services. Visiting hospitals that have English-speaking staff can give you more peace of mind and help you better request and receive the specific help you need.
Note that you’re responsible for any medical bills you get from hospitals in Mexico. Consider contacting your insurance provider as soon as possible to see if your current package covers medical expenses incurred while abroad. You may need to open a new insurance policy to receive financial assistance for your Mexican hospital medical fees.
See the list below to discover the best American hospital in Cancun and other popular Mexican cities for international travelers:
- Hospital Angeles Mexico: This is the best hospital in Tijuana, Mexico for international travelers and medical tourism. Medical tourism is a term for people seeking medical attention from institutions outside their country for more affordable prices or doctors with the right skill sets. Nearly half of all patients at Hospital Angeles Mexico are international, proving that it is a great option for travelers.
- Amerimed Hospitals in Cancun: Hospitals in Cancun, Mexico are in high demand, as the area is a popular tourist attraction. When looking for American hospitals in Cancun, Mexico, Amerimed Hospitals may be your best choice. This Cancun location gives visitors and medical tourists from all over the world easy access to the medical care they need. And they’re open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, to make their services even more convenient.
- Centro Médico ABC: This American hospital in Mexico City, Mexico is ready to service travelers from the United States, Britain and all around the world. Centro Médico ABC knows that travelers face many risks to their help, and they can provide the services needed to give people the best chance for recovery.
- American Medical Center: American Medical Center (AMC) is one of the American hospitals in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It’s a great option for travelers thanks to its convenient location, ease of communication and variety of medical services. Their services include x-ray, pharmacy, tomography, intermediate therapy, intensive care and 24-hour emergency services.
REVA’s Medical Flight Services for International Travelers
Whatever your medical needs are, REVA can help you where or when you need us. We provide international air ambulance services to people in over 70 countries. Our goal is to make sure you get where you need to go in your time of need, including returning home after sustaining an illness or injury while on your Mexico trip. Our medical aircraft can reach you, whether you’re in one of Mexico’s bustling cities or quiet rural areas.
We make sure the process of receiving our services is as easy as possible. The first step is calling us to request transport and tell us about your unique needs. We handle everything from there, including documentation, flight and medical crew assembly, and any needed ground transportation along the way. We stay with you from bedside to bedside so you get the medical attention you need to make it back home safely.
Request a Quote From REVA to Take the Next Step
Our goal at REVA is to give you safe and compassionate medical air transportation, wherever your travels might take you. If you’re facing a medical situation in Mexico and want to get back home, we’re the ones you can call with confidence. We have a strong commitment to safety to help you experience peace of mind during this time.